(Last Date Extended)
Name of the Post: Sub- Inspector
No. of Vacancies: 511 Posts. (Gen-311, OBC-91, SC-69, ST-40)
Qualification: Graduate in any stream from any recognized University or its equivalent is eligible to apply.
Age: Should be between 20-25 years as on 01-07-2011. Age relaxation for OBC-3 yrs, SC/ST-5 yrs and Ex-Serviceman- as per norms
Physical Standard: Male—Height: 165 cm (160 cm for SC/ST and 163 for candidates from Sikkim, Gorkhas and North Eastern States), Chest (unexpanded/expanded): 80cm/85 cm. (76.2 cm/81.2cm for SC/ST).
For Female—Height: 157 cms (152 cms for SC/ST and 155 cms for Sikkim, Gorkhas and the North Eastern States’ candidates)
Candidates should be physically well built and without any defects such as flat foot, knock-knee, with glass and etc.
Pay Scale: Rs.9300- 34800 and Grade Pay of Rs.4200
Selection Steps: Candidates will be selected through Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Measurement, Viva-Voice Test and Documentation verification.
First Written Test will be taken and then selected candidates will be called for Physical Efficiency test and Measurement. Written Test will be 120 Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions on following topics—(I) General Intelligence and Reasoning, (II) General Awareness and (III) Arithmetic. Total time will be given 90 minutes. There will be Negative Marking for wrong answer.
Physical Efficiency Test will consist: (I)Race of 1600 mtrs within 6 minutes (for female- 800 mtrs in 4 min), (II) 100 mtrs race in 16 seconds and for female- 100 mtrs in 18 seconds, (III) High Jump and Long Jump within two chances, (IV) Shot Put (weighing-16 lbs) of 4.5 mtrs.
During Documents Verification, candidates will have to produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, caste and any other extra curricular activities like NCC certificate.
Viva-voice mark is 15 and Bonus Marks will be allotted to NCC certificate holders and sports persons. Finally there will be medical examination of the selected candidates.
How to Apply: Application can be prepared on A4 size paper according to the given format. The following documents should be enclosed with the Application.
- Recent 3 nos. passport size photo (one self-signed and pasted on form and other two copies should be enclosed with form after writing self name and address on the reverse side)
- 3 nos. self addressed envelope (28cm X 12cm), each bearing postal stamp of Rs. 5
- Copy of Madhyamik certificate for proof of Age (should be attested)
- Attested copy of Graduation Certificate, Caste Certificate (for SC/ST and OBC)
- Declaration for OBC candidates in the prescribed format
- Attested copy of Discharge certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman
- Attested copy of Domicile Certificate—for Sikkimesse, Gorkhas and North Eastern States’ candidates
- Crossed Indian Postal Order or Bank Draft of Rs. 150 (Not required for SC/ST, Minority Community, Economically Backward class and Female candidates) should be made in favour of: Financial Adviser and Chief Accounts Officer, South Eastern Railway, Garden Reach, Kolkata (W.B.) and Payable at: Kolkata. Candidates should write his/her name and address on the back side of the Draft/Postal Order.
Application should be addressed to: The Chief Security Commissioner/ RPF, South Eastern Railway, Post Box No.663, Garden Reach, Kolkata-700 001.
On the top of the application containing envelope, superscribe: “Application for the Post of Sub Inspector in RPF including RPSF.
Application format and more application can be found at: http://indianrailways.gov.in